CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Prioritizing the 101 things to do in 1001 days list

So...I finished the list.  A good amount was just fresh on my brain or on other lists I had previously made.  Some of it I was inspired by from other people's 101 in 1001 Lists that were online.  It wasn't necessarily stolen or not something I would ordinarily want to do.  101 is just a lot of things, that's all.  



Anyhow, here's the list prioritized into three categories.  I still need to break down the "Something that needs work to Complete" list into even smaller more planned out goals.  The "One shot goal (just need to make a date)" goals we need to save $ for and make dates for.  And lastly the "A Habit" goal takes the least preplanning, but I know will be the hardest to acheive.  


I'm really looking forward to working on the list.  The only thing I'm afraid of is being able to accomplish some of the fun things & things just for me (or for me and Rich or for me and my other relationships) without pushing forward the date on the financial goals (having our own place, getting out of debt, having an e-fund, helping to  take care of Grammy's house, and taking care of the house in Florida.)  I'm really hoping if I put my mind to it, plan things out well, and stay postive not only will 2009 be a great year so will 2010 & 2011.  :-D


__________________________________________


A habit

Try to drink at least 64 oz. of h2o a day.
Get to the salon every other month.
Get an aerobic workout at least 4x a week.
Floss regularly
Take vitamins daily.
Be consistent on house cleaning and not letting it pile up.



One shot goal (just need to make a date)


Attempt to donate blood.
Attempt to donate platelets
Color my hair a different color.
Have professional pictures taken of us.
Go on a hot air balloon ride.
Go to a drive in movie.
Go to a bed & breakfast
.
Go stargazing.
Go on a picnic.
Take a first aid class
Throw a house warming party for ourselves.  ;-)
Backup data on my computer.
Cook carne vino daas for Christmas morning.
Meetup with Autumn.
Carve a jack o' lantern.
Buy a BPA free water bottle & water filter system
Buy a little black dress.
Make a non-Christmas Eve or Day date to spend time with specific friends and family for the holidays.
Renew my passport (uh, oh.  Or possibly get a new one completely if it may have expired.)
Go to the zoo.
Go to a comedy club.
Play miniature golf.
No t.v. one night a month. (0/32)
Try 3 new beers. (0/3)
Try 3 new wines (0/3)
Have one night a week that is a "date night" either out or in. (0/143)
See all of the films listed on the AFI's Top 100 American Films of the 20th Century (0/100)
Make my first holiday dinner (a whole turkey or something of the like.)
Everytime I cross off a goal, I put $2 into a fund to do as I wish.
After buying a home get either a pug, a husky or both
At the end of the 1001 days for any goals I have not completed I'm going to donate $2.
On Day 1001, publish a new 101 Things in 1001 Days list.
Get my right tragus pierced.
Make it to Lowell Winterfest.
Make it to Lowell Folk Festival.
Make it to Lowell Summer Music Festival.
Get a massage.
Go to Niagara Falls
Go to Six Flags
Play tennis
Play pool.
Get a tattoo
When in FL see a sunrise on the beach and a sunset on the beach on the same day.
When in FL go to the Salvador Dali museum
Go to a play.
Go to a concert (seperate from any of the Lowell Festivals or Hampton Beach summer series.)
Make a list of 101 things that bring me joy
Organize at least 1 girls night out.
Put coins in an expired meter for someone else.
Make a snowman.

Something that needs work to complete
Drop at least 3 dress sizes
Get my cholesterol to a healthy level.
Get my blood pressure to a healthy level.
Work on acquiring a classic wardrobe for work
Run a mile
Run 3 miles.
Run 10 miles.
Run a charity run for heart disease research
Run a charity run for breast cancer research.
Swear off soda for 2 weeks.
Finish my associate's degree (maybe even with honors)
Balance my free time between
-time for me
-time with Rich
-time with my family
-time with Rich's family
-time with friends
Read at least 1 book a month (0/32)
Read 5 classic novels (0/5)
Read 5 books from the current year's New York Times Bestseller List. (0/5)
Read 5 banned books. (0/5)
Plan out Christmas plans plenty early enough
-Christmas cards photo taken, ordered, written & mailed
-gifts bought, wrapped & shipped (if shipping applicable)
-house cleaned a lil extra & decorated
Memorize a poem
Start planning our wedding.
Pay off tickets to get my license back.
Work with Rich to pay off his tickets to get his license back.
Fix my car to pass inspection.
Fix Rich's car to pass inspection.
Pay all excise taxes for both of us.
Get a job.
Work on steps 1-3 of The Seven Steps to Financial Freedom
-#1- $1,000 to start an Emergency Fund
-#2- Pay off all debt using the Debt Snowball
-#3- 3 to 6 months of expenses in savings
Have a fully funded holiday fund.
After finished with the Baby Steps 1-3 & the wedding's complete start saving towards a down payment for a home.
Move into & decorate our own apartment on our own.
Help work on fixing up Grammy's house.
Work on updating the Lancewood house
Everytime I cross off a goal, I put $2 into a fund to do as I wish.
Vacation to Florida.
Keep Gato up to date with his vet check ups.
Keep all 4 animals on flea medication.
Work on advancing my skills including
-traditional meals (mashed potatoes, pot roast, meatloaf, steak)
-desserts (homemade pie, homemade cookies)
Vacation (maybe something all inclusive or a cruise)
Scrapbook more
Work on my iTunes library
Work on the family tree more.
Spend more time at Hampton Beach during the summer.
Try to see as many New England beaches as possible.
Get to know Boston.
-see the typical tourist spots
-get to know it as a native
Buy some sheet music and pick up the flute again.
Go through my MySpace, Facebook & MSN contacts/"friends" and either contact these people or delete 'em.
Go to as many state and national parks & museums as possible.
Use the 2009 Entertainment book I bought Rich for Christmas in 2008 as much as possible & buy another one in the years following.
Learn how to change a tire.


0 comments: