CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Charting out the 101 things to do in 1001 days list

So, here we go.  I made a chart with the dates from Wednesday, January 7th, 2009 to Wednesday, October 5th, 2011 for the "A Habit" section, and saved it on my desktop (I have a very clutterfree desktop.)  So, basically I'm going to open the file every morning as a reminder of my goals & by the end of the night hopefully w/a little work be able to mark that I completed the goal for the day (drinking 64 fl. ozs., flossing, vitamins.)  I also included the aerobic workout and cleaning the house, but to make it easier for myself chart wise I have it daily, but made my "yellow line" 57%.  Meaning if I complete the goal less than 57% of the time I'm in trouble.  I also made a chart for going to the salon every other month, but that has only 15 months, so that was a bit easier on the eyes.  I also have a pie chart to the left of the date chart.  They say that doing something consistently for 30 days makes a habit.



So, far what I have started is, "#5- work on acquiring a classic wardrobe for work", "#8- floss regularly", "#22- read at least 1 book a month", "#45- get a job", and "#66- work on my iTunes library."  


#5- was started technically a little earlier than the beginning of the 101 project as I went shopping on Monday January 5th, after work.  I got a FABULOUS pair of black pants and pair of jeans.  Lane Bryant has a sizing system that's works with your hip to waist ratio.  Yellow is slightly curvy to straight, with little to no curve from the waist to the hips, red have moderate curves, and blue are curvy with small waists and fullest at the hips.  I fall into the yellow, which works because their pants fit my waist, hips/butt (or lack thereof), and legs (kind of, I mean it could still be tighter to fit correctly.)  I also got my first blazer.  It's black with tiny pink pinstripes.  I'm not really one for pink, but you can barely tell & the cut looks great on me.  I picked up a few more little pieces, a white tanktop, a new belt, a cute lil red top, and a fantastic bra.  I actually learned something in the process, too.  Did you know you're supposed to wear nude under light not white under light?  Yeah, and it works too.  


#8- I've been lax on.  Sometimes I floss, sometimes I don't.  I'm not consistent.  But, 1 day down, 29 to go to stick, right?


#22- Well...this one I also kind of cheated on.  I bought my first book of 2009 & the project on Dec. 7th, and started reading it on January 2nd.  It's not heavy reading by any means.  It's Swapping Lives by Jane Green, my favorite author.  It's brit chick lit at it's finest.  Okay maybe not necessarily at it's finest, but I like it.  It's not trashy, but it isn't deep either.  I think it still counts toward the one book a month goal.


#45- I'm making headway on.  I lost my job December 10th.  Since that date & even a little before I've been hardcore looking for a job.  I do not want to go back to retail or restaurants again.  So, I posted my resume on a few job searching sites, applied to a few random postings, and registered with a couple staffing agencies.  Okay, so a couple is technically seven.  I got some great feedback & critique on my resume at the staffing agency I went to in Boston last week.  I got a call yesterday afternoon about an temporary assignment in Andover.  It's only a little over five weeks long, but still it'll pay the bills.


#66- Rich had bought me a iTunes gift card not long after Christmas, but I hadn't been able to redeem it as my iTunes/QuickTime was being a pain in the butt.  Luckily my brother is a whiz with computers and was able to help me uninstall, and reinstall QuickTime and make sure that iTunes was good to go.  So, I added fifteen more songs to my library.  Yea!!!


I'd say I'm getting there little by little.  I have 1001 days afterall.




0 comments: