CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater

So... I haven't blogged in quite a while. Wish I could say it was because of being incredibly busy working on the list. You know? Havin fun & being productive. Not quite, unfortunately.

Like I said before, December 12th I lost my full-time permanent (not working as a temp) job in Groton. The fortunate part was I had a pre-existing part-time job at Bath & Body Works in Burlington. That held us over a little bit, especially as seeing it was Christmas-time & semi-annual sale time so I got a decent amount of hours. I feel like I really busted my butt looking for a new job, but combination of the economy, and in my opinion not completing my college degree I had a hard time finding a new full-time job. At one point I was registered with twelve plus staffing agencies. I did get a temp assignment for the Citizen's Energy project from January 20th to the 28th. Citizens Energy was kind of nice because I got the feeling to a certain degree that I was a part of something good. I then worked from February 3rd to April 30th as a temp at an apartment complex in Salem. The work at the apartment complex kept me busy & I felt like I was a useful addition to their team. I then spent a very long five weeks unemployed (minus BBW) until I got a phone call to start working doing customer service for National Grid gas. I like having a job & I know I should be grateful for that. I feel like I am more than adequate at doing my job, but I do feel like I could be challenged further. I think to break it down, I need to get my butt back to college!

Our housing situation has changed dramatically as well. To make it clear I'll break it down. I was born in Hollywood, Florida. My mom, dad & I spend only a month down there until they found a home in Brooksville, Florida. I was born & raised there. Lived in the same home until I was 24. I went to the same elementary school all six years, the same middle school all three, and the same high school all four. I even went to the local community college for a few semesters. My fiance, mom, cat & I then moved up to New England. We were living with his sister for a couple of weeks until he found a job in Massachusetts. We then lived with his grandmother for about a year and a half, until we finally got our act together and saved up for our own place. We rented a cute little house of our own for about another year and half. But, then had to move back to his grandmother's house. Then for a short period of time (from April 1st to late June) we were not living at his grandmother's house, and were looking for a new place to live. We are now living in Pepperell with his dad & a roommate. Its nice as its only the four of us. The only down side is it is a distance from my two jobs. We're still working on saving for our own place (just Rich, Gato & I,) but money has been tight.

I guess I'm looking for pity from the 101 in 1001 Gods to change the end date on my 1001 days. I really haven't had a chance to do much on the list & there by lost almost 6 months aka 180 days. Wdyt?

0 comments: